Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Never, Ever

Recently Abby has taken to saying, "Never, ever." These words usually comes up when there is something she doesn't really want to do - or when there's something she doesn't want me to do. They first made their appearance today when she declared it was "cuddle time" and instructed me I was to stay in her room. The thing was there was some laundry that needed drying, so I explained to her that I would be right back up after I'd moved the load around. That's when she barricaded the door with her body and told me, "No, Mom....never ever!" I'm kind of good with never having to do laundry again, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Later, as we were getting ready for church she grabbed my slippers as I stepped out of them, hid them in a laundry basket, and muttered, "Never, ever" as she covered them with clothes. Apparently, I would need to find another way to keep my toes warm from here on out.

The best, though was when we sat reading books in the nursery before church. Knowing that we would need to head up to church in a few minutes, I asked if she needed to use the potty. Without missing a beat she said, "No, I'm good...never, ever." I asked if she meant that she would never use the potty again. When she said, "Yep!" I told her that may be an issue. She just told me to keep reading.

What a funny girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment