Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Long Day

Tonight's post will be short and sweet. We have had a rather rough day - Abby most of all. For those of you who didn't know we began the day with a visit to the pediatrician and ended up at the University of Michigan's Mott's Children's Hospital where Abby underwent hand surgery.

It seems that things were a bit worse than the doctor's last night told us. See once the surgeons got in there they found that Abby had: an open fracture, two lacerations across her nail bed, and another one that cut deeply into her finger tip. Those things needed to be fixed before they could put her nail back on and tack it down with a couple of stitches. In other words, she needed a bit more than a good soak and a couple of band aids.

I will share more of my feelings and reflections on the day in tomorrow's post, I am far too tired and need the extra time to process things, but I will share with you some of the realizations that I came to today.


  1. I have the bravest, spunkiest, strongest, most wonderful, sweetest, and many other -ests, little girl in the world.
  2. I will forever be banishing my OSU flag to the dark recesses of my closet, never to see the light of day again. My allegiance now, and hence fourth, lies with the Maize and Blue.
  3. I will never doubt my "Mother's Gut" again. God gave it to me for a reason. I will trust it, and I will act upon it.
  4. I have wonderful friends who will offer their help and will storm the gates of Heaven with prayers for my little angel, despite the fact that some of them have never even met her.
  5. Abby is my hero.
Abby is now resting peacefully in her bed. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. We are all grateful.

Abby coloring while waiting for the first round of
"looks".

They gave Abby a plush lamb to have.
She appropriately named him, "Little Lamb".

What's the best thing about coming out of the
anesthesia? They give you sherbet!


No comments:

Post a Comment