Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Wrestling an Alligator and Snuggling With a Little Lamb

Today was one of those days when Abby's sweet and sour sides made multiple appearance. When it came to the "sour" I couldn't really blame her. She got up once again in the wee hours of the morning - getting sick. It wasn't as bad as the other night, but it was enough for us to lose some sleep. Due to the fact that her bottom was quite sore from the trials of the last week, I felt like I was wrestling an alligator trying to get her to go potty, or in the tub. By the time she was soaking in the warm bubble bath, I was huffing and puffing, but feeling victorious.

I'm happy to say though that the cuddly Little Lamb turned up far more often. I'm not sure if it has to do with the fact that she and I have spent a lot of time together lately, but she wanted to do quite a bit of cuddling and spending time with Mama today. She told me how much she is excited about summer (me too!), and how she wanted to "stay home with Mama." While I was cutting out the pieces of her new sundress, she needed her scissors so she could cut just like me. She even played with the scraps of fabric, trying to make her own creation. She seemed to be everywhere I turned today, and so when I asked if she wanted Mama or Dada to put her to bed I wasn't surprised to hear her say, "Cuddle Mama!"

Yep, there were a few difficult moments today, but those were long forgotten as I snuggled with my sweet Little Lamb at bedtime.

We are all ready for summer time!



No comments:

Post a Comment