Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

One Third

Tonight's post has some significance - not because of the content, but because of the number. This is post number 122. For one hundred twenty-two days I've sat at my computer (mostly at the end of the evening) and reflected on my day. For one hundred and twenty-two days I've given you a peek into my head and invited you into my home. For one hundred and twenty-two days I've shared Abby with you.

Now, you may be wondering: What's with the "one hundred and twenty-two days"? Well if you do the math 122 is one third of 365 (actually it is 121.66666, but I decided to round up) - we are a third of the way through our year. Can you believe it? I can't. Now, I know that technically I had a couple of posts before the actual "year" started, but we're going to go with that number. I though tonight would be a good time to review were we've been so far.

In the beginning you learned Abby's birth story (if you didn't already know it), and a bit about her first days at home. You got a pretty good picture that Abby is someone who loves fun - loves dressing up and dancing, but who also struggles to keep it together when she's over stimulated, and is pretty short on patience. You met Bruiser and saw how those two often act like siblings, and a few of Abby's friends, both new and old.

You heard about the many times Abby was under-the-weather, and even a surprise surgery to reattach the tip of her finger. You heard about our loving extended family, and how much Abby lights up their world. I also introduced you to some of the wonderful people that have worked with Abby over the school year, and how much they mean to us.

I've shared some of my fears and struggles as I seek to be the best mother I can be to my little girl, and you've even gotten an ear-full of some of my pet peeves (lucky you!). You've even gotten to celebrate in some of our milestones. Remember when Abby learned her first red word? What about the first time she went to the movies?

To be honest it has not always been easy to write my posts each day. I've had many nights when I'm just too tired and done thinking, but then Jason will give me "that" look, and I'll pull my computer out and get writing. I've had some people ask me if I have some posts written up and waiting in the wings, and I tell them that no, I don't, because much of what I write is about thoughts or moments from the day. I will say that I've been amazed at the number of people that will tell me they enjoy reading "Abby stories"- not because she isn't entertaining, but because I'm humbled that people would take the time to read what I write. So, thank you for taking time out of your day to "listen" and to get to know my little girl.

If the first third is anything to go by, the next two should be pretty interesting - so stay tuned, you never know what will happen with Abby around!

This morning Abby got to go play with her friends
while Mom did homework. She wanted to take her
mirror with her. She chatted with herself the whole
way there, and when we got there (and I told her she
had to leave the mirror in the car) she turned to it and
said, "Good-bye, Friend."

After yesterday's crazy day I gave myself a manicure (red nails
always make me feel better), and so Abby wanted her nails
polished this afternoon. I don't know if you can tell, but she
requested purple polish with pink polka-dots - I did the best
I could, but it isn't easy getting "dots" on those tiny nails!


No comments:

Post a Comment