Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Getting Ready

Usually Abby is all about staying home when either Jason or I are off to work, but tonight was different. As soon as Jason got home from work, I needed to head out for a back to school picnic at my school. I'm sure that Abby would have loved to come, but since she is still having issues, and last year I was so busy trying to keep her contained I couldn't visit with parents, we thought it was best for her to stay home.

Now, Abby didn't know what was going on at school, but she wanted to go with me anyway. The whole time I was getting ready, she was right next to me, insisting that she was "getting ready for work too." She has done this before, and I have to admit that there are times when I'm not as patient with her when I'm trying to do my hair and put my make-up on, but tonight I just couldn't resist that cute little face looking up at me, asking for some powder for her nose. So, after each application, it was Abby's turn: eyeshadow for Mom - eyeshadow for Abby, eyeliner for Mom - eyeliner for Abby, mascara for Mom - mascara for Abby. Now, before you start to imagine Abby looking like a contestant on "Toddlers and Tiaras", whenever it was Abby's turn to get "her" make-up I made sure to keep the lid on, or use a clean brush. It didn't matter to Abby though, she still wanted me to lift her up to the mirror so she could see how pretty she looked after we were finished.

As I got my clothes ready, Abby picked out an outfit for herself. She was just so adorable as she walked around talking about how it was time for her to go to work, and that she needed to get ready. Finally, we were both ready to go, and I have to admit that I felt a little bad that I wasn't bringing her along, but I knew that once I left she would have a great time with Dada.

She did have a great time, and when I got home she came running to me and made sure to tell me she'd been a good girl for Dada. As I was thinking about tonight's post, those few minutes when we got ready together just kept coming back to me. I love that she is such a girl, and I can just imagine how she is going to be in a few years when she insists on putting her own make-up on for real. I predict that the teen years will certainly be interesting.

This picture is from a while ago, but it seemed to
fit with tonight's post. She's quite the stylish miss,
isn't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment