Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I have sat with the computer on my lap for the last hour, trying to come up with something for tonight's post. I was kicking myself for not taking more pictures, because I could have relied on that, but alas I only took one. As I stared at that one picture I got to wondering what Abby was doing this time last year, and so I stared scrolling through my pictures. I was able to find at least one picture from all of Abby's years that are within a week of today, so that's what I'm going to share tonight.

July 29, 2005 - Dedication Weekend

I'm not sure where we had been, but where ever it was, she was tuckered out. I do know that this was the weekend of her dedication. Due to the fact that Abby's first few hours were so critical, we wanted her to be baptized right after she was born - before they even flew her out to Ann Arbor. I wasn't able to be there, and that still can make me cry. So, once she was home and better we had a nice big dedication service for her. It was a wonderful weekend.

 July 13, 2006 - PB & J

This was Abby's first peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I remember that day well, because I was convinced she wouldn't be interested at all. Once again, she proved me wrong. She mangled that sandwich and got peanut butter everywhere


She was so covered that we went directly to the tub afterward. By the time she was done we both were laughing - me at her crazy hair and her....well, she was just having a great time!

 July 21, 2007 - Visiting

My sister and her three boys made their summer visit to our Mom's house, which is huge, considering that they live on the other side of the country. We don't get to see them very often and so we went out to spend the day with them. Abby loved playing with her cousins (and Grandma's measuring cups). She was fascinated with her youngest cousin - I think she just really liked that she wasn't the smallest one there.

 July 23, 2008 - A Spin Around the Lake

Abby took her first boat ride! Jason, Abby, and I had gone Up North for a weekend at the family cottage. We took some time to head out to one of the big lakes and even drove around to see some lighthouses. Finally, we got back to the cottage and took Abby out for her first ride on Papa's boat. She loved going fast and had a great time laughing at the wind in her face. 


 Mom on the other hand had a death-grip on her life jacket. I could just imagine her wanting to touch the water and falling right in.  I didn't let go of her until we were safe on dry land - and well away from the lake.

 July 26, 2009 - Fashionista 

 Abby has always been known for her unique fashion styling - but this one might just beat them all. She chose a scarf skirt (and another for an arm band), and is singing into a toy thermometer. Yep, she was in her element this day!

 July 26, 2010 - Mallows!

This was around the time that Abby discovered the wonderfulness of mini-marshmallows. Not only are they a super-yummy treat, but as this picture shows, they can be used as a lovely mustache in a minute. I would also like to provide you with the rest of the words on her shirt. As you can see, the top says, "being this cute", and the bottom finishes, "is exhausting." Amen.


The next day Abby continued her sugar marathon by eating some Oreos. I love this picture because she looks like a little waif from the coal mines - we had a bath after this meal as well.

 July 26, 2011 - "Clean" Dancing

I remember this day well - since I was actually doing some cleaning. Abby decided that she wanted to wear my gloves (it's okay, those are kitchen gloves - not toilet gloves). She began with just the gloves, and eventually graduated to the skirt. I'm sure I encouraged her to put the shirt on as well before I took the picture. My guess is that everything came off in reverse order - with the gloves coming off last. 

July 26, 2012 - B&B - Barbie and Breakfast

That brings us to today. Abby popped up out of bed this morning ready to don her pink garb. Next she wanted some breakfast and to watch a favorite program. Did you notice the mirror? She insisted that I position it so she could see herself. It is clear that not much has changed over the years. 


1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Made me smile to see what a character she's always been. I love the idea of posting pics from similar dates over past years - I may have to steal that!! :-)

    ReplyDelete