Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Highlights

After sitting here for nearly an hour, wondering what I was going to write about, I've decided to leave you with a simple list of highlights from our day.

  1. When Abby asked me what I was doing and I told her I was going to do dishes. I heard her respond, "Do you want me to help?" Ha! When I told her no, that I could handle it, she still came running into the kitchen, after grabbing a cloth out of the buffet where we keep them, and insisted on lending a hand. What a sweetie!
  2. Tired of waiting for Mom, Dada cleaned out Abby's pool today. The whole time he was working, Abby cried and cried, watching him from the window. Finally, when everything was ready she was able to go outside and get in. The water was cold, but she didn't care. She kept telling me, "My Dada, fixed my pool!" He was the hero of the day!
  3. This evening, before dinner, Abby and I had a coloring session. We got her drawing pad out and sat side-by-side filling pages with color. Periodically she would trade crayons with me, or direct me to use a different color. If I would pause she would encourage me by saying, "Keep going, Mama! We're coloring!"
  4. While outside in the pool Abby suddenly stood up and started doing some hand actions and turning in circles. I could tell that she was concentrating on doing something, so I asked her if she was Mulan/Abby. "No," she said, "Kung Fu Panda!" I realized then that she was doing the Tai Chi type moves that Po does in Kung Fu Panda II. She was "finding her inner peace." 
  5. At the end of the day I took over bedtime for Jason and she gave me a big smile, laid her head down on the pillow next to me, closed her eyes, and with her hands under her cheek, she fell quickly asleep. It doesn't get much better than that.
All these together just help drive home what a sweet-pea Abby is. I am so very blessed!

Fun in the sun!

Abby decided to do a little sewing this afternoon (don't worry
I unplugged the machine). If you look at her face you'll see it's
all "scrunched" up, that's because she was making a humming
noise as she ran the fabric under the foot of the machine - she
wanted it to sound like she was sewing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment