Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Favorites

Tonight I thought I would just share with you a few "favorites" from the day.

Favorite Quote:

While brushing my hair Abby hit a snag and yanked my head back. I told her to be gentle and her response was, "I am being tentle [gentle]!" Well, alright then. I suppose she's heard that before.

Favorite Outfit:

Abby told me this morning that she wanted to wear my "blond" dress. I had no idea what she was talking about, since not only do I rarely wear dresses, but I certainly don't have a "blond" one. I went to the closet, trying to find something that might work, but nothing could satisfy her - until I came across a silky red slip of mine. She wore that all day, and is sleeping soundly - still wearing the slip. She was so proud of her "beautiful red dress" and made sure that Dada "Ooohed" and "Ahhhed" over it when he got home - which he promptly did. 

Favorite Dance Song:

This morning when we were watching "Jungle Book 2" Abby perked up when Baloo started singing about the "bare necessities". She shimmied and shook just like that big gray bear. It was hilarious to watch, so when she wanted to watch it a few more times, I was certainly game. I tell you, that kid has some really great moves.

Favorite "Stinker" Moment:

After having been told that she was not getting any other snack than the one I'd just given her - the one she had requested only moments earlier - she decided she wanted something else. When she thought I wasn't looking she slowly got up and headed to the door. I stopped her and asked her where she was going. She paused, and I swear I could hear the cogs in her head turning, wondering what answer she could give me that I would accept. Finally she says, "the kitchen." When I told her that she wasn't to get any other food, she looked at me with those big brown eyes and then slowly continued out the door to the kitchen. I heard some rustling and then she came back into the room with her hands behind her back and a mischievous smile on her face. That's when I asked her what she had. She looked at me innocently and held up a bag of tortilla chips saying, "Um...a bag of pippies." Not only did she use her "nickname" for chips, but she plastered on her cutest look. I tell you, the kid is a master.

We did have a very nice day, it was a great way to start our week.

Since I didn't get a picture of her in her box
yesterday, I thought I would do that today.
I actually think this looks pretty comfy!


No comments:

Post a Comment