Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Night Out

Tonight we all went out. Jason and I got the opportunity to go out to dinner with some great people, while Abby got to go for a visit at her favorite place - The Carter's. We were both excited for a night out, and as I got ready - Abby did too. She saw my lipstick, and she needed some too. She "helped" me paint my nails, and then needed a touch-up on her polish as well.

Soon enough she declared that she was, "ready to go!" and so off we went. We all had a great time, but considering the fact that she was up at 5 a.m. this morning, by the time I went to get her (about an hour after her normal bedtime), she was tired - and that showed. First she refused to leave, and then when she knew she would be leaving, she wanted to take something with her. She was convinced she would be able to take one of the Carter's games home with her, and would not listen to reason. Finally, we were able to wrestle it out of her hands, but then the tears started. 

As melt-downs go this wasn't the worst, especially since we all understood where it was coming from. By the time we pulled out of the driveway she was back to smiling and the crying had stopped. At the end of the day, after we'd finished our bedtime story, Abby talked about what a great day it had been. I had to agree with her.


Blowing on her nails - got get them to dry!
I caught this one of Abby "planking" earlier this evening. I have no idea what
she was doing. Only she could make this look half-way comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment