Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

A Little Visitor

Today we got a little visitor.


After dinner we happened to go upstairs and find this charming little elf sitting so nicely on Abby's bed. 


Abby was pretty excited, especially when she found out it was a genuine elf from the North Pole! The elf came with this note:

November 30, 2012

Dear Abby,

I’ve been talking with your Mom and Dad, and they’ve told me how good you’ve been lately, so I was wondering if you might help me out. I’m sending you one of my special elves - Ellie.

Ellie doesn’t always do the right thing, and she could use some tips from a good girl like you. Like all elves that leave the North Pole, Ellie doesn’t do much during the day, but at night she can get pretty busy, so each morning you’ll need to find her and see what she’s been up to. If she has been naughty, could you please teach her what she did wrong? I know you will do it in a way that won’t hurt her feelings and will help her understand that even though we do naughty things, we are still forgiven.

Remember though, if she has done something nice you need to praise her. She really is a nice little elf, and she wants to do what is right, so the more you praise her the better she will get.

I’ve sent her to you for the month of December, and am hoping that she can learn from you. I will check in with her from time to time, so don’t forget to whisper to her any special requests for me. Then, when I come to your house on Christmas Eve I will take her back to the North Pole with me.

Thank you for your help during this busy time - I know I’ve picked the best person for the job.

Love,
Santa 

Abby readily agreed that she would be happy to tell Ellie "you can't" when she has been naughty, and "make her happy" when she has been good.

Abby then decided it would be fitting to take Ellie downstairs to watch an elf movie, so that's what the girls are doing now - eating popcorn and watching Mom's favorite Christmas move: "Elf". 


So stay tuned this month to see what little Ellie has been up to....and how Abby passes on her pearls of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment