Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

A View of Our Day

Well, it's time for another "Snappy Saturday" - or in other words, a day when I have plenty of cute pics, so I might as well share our day with pictures.

We started the day early, but that's okay when you get to go out for breakfast....

From there Mom and Dad dragged Abby to a couple of home improvement stores.

I tell you the people at the Sherwin Williams store are
geniuses. Not only did they have a great little table for kids,
but they also had a whole bin full of pictures to color and crayons.
Abby was distracted just long enough for us to discuss wall colors.

Then it was off to another home store. These steering wheels
kept her occupied almost long enough to look at flooring options.
Eventually Mom and Abby had to go for a ride while Dad finished
looking - by the time that was over we all were ready to go!
From there it was off to an oil change (which I didn't get pictures of) and then home for a bit. It was during the afternoon that I got an invite for Abby to enjoy a play date with some of her best friends. She was super excited - as you can imagine, and on the way there she yelled out, "It's the best day ever!" When I laughed she said, "I'm excited, Mom." I told her that I could tell.

She had a great time and it was just long enough for us to get her surprise ready. For the several years that Abby has been out of her crib, she has been sleeping in a full bed - the same full bed that I got when we moved to Ohio....when I was about 10. That mattress was so flat and droopy that it was nearly on the floor. It was time for a new one. Abby inherited her new bed from her great-grandparents. Now that Grandpa is a permanent resident of a sunnier state, he needed someone to take his nearly new bedroom set - we jumped at the chance. Great-Grandma had such a special place in her heart for Abby, I know she would be so happy that her bed went to Abby. We'd gotten the new set (thanks to Papa and Uncle Joe) yesterday, but didn't have enough time to set it up. So while Abby played we moved things around and set up the new bed. Abby was thrilled to see her new surprise - as you can see from the video below.

The bed is a bit bigger than her other bed and we had quite a laugh at how very small she looked in it.


Can you find her?
And so our day ended...with the princess fast asleep.


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this!! She really does look like a princess in her new bed.

    ReplyDelete