Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lazy Days Ahead....Hopefully

If you would have told me, even a year ago, that we would have days like today, I'm not sure I would have believed you. I can't decide if it is because Abby is an only child, because she has some developmental delays, or because that's just the way she is, but she has always had a hard time entertaining herself. It is rare to find her playing up in her room, or off doing her own thing. I love that she wants to be around us, and I want to be with her, but sometimes it is difficult to always be her primary playmate. There are times when I just don't feel like playing Barbies, or being the patient to her doctor and vice versa. Is this horrible....because I do feel guilty when I don't want to play. I will hear other mom's talking about their weekends and how they were able to while away hours reading or crafting, and I have to admit that sometimes I'm envious of that. Now, don't get me wrong, I get my fair share of crafting done, but I usually feel incredibly guilty when I send her off with a popsicle so I can finish a seam.

Today, though I had a nice picture of what life will become as she continues to mature and grow. She woke up with some cruddy eyes, but we chalked that up to allergies by the afternoon, when it had cleared up. As I finished up a sweater I've been knitting for her, she played with her Barbies, colored pictures, and even read to Bruiser. It was wonderful to spend time with her, and yet to not be responsible for her entertainment. She is learning to keep herself busy, and that is truly a marvelous thing.

Even though she had her stubborn moments, it was such a nice, relaxing day, that I can easily overlook those bits. I was indeed a perfect way to kick off a busy week.

Last night, before bed, Abby was
incredibly proud to show me the tower she
built with Dada! Pretty impressive, don't you think?

Reading and yoga - a good combination.

She helped Uncle George and Dada walk Leah and Adaire this afternoon.

Leah (who is a retired Service Dog) is perfect for Abby to guide. They both
are doing quite a good job of keeping control - Bruiser would not be so well behaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment