Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Truer Than True

"Today you are you, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is youer than you."
- Dr. Seuss

I came across the above quote while is was perusing Pinterest this evening, and it immediately made me think of Abby. If there is anyone who knows how to be a "you" that is "truer than true", it is Abby. This is one of the greatest things about her. 

There is much about the two of us that is very alike, but there are also some very major differences. 
One of the biggest differences is that Abby has not inherited many of my insecurities. Her confidence and aplomb are things I greatly admire. Where I would hang back, she charges ahead. While I agonize about what to say, she freely shares her thoughts and feelings. When I would seek not to be noticed, she makes it a point to greet those around her and make them feel special. Now, I understand that many of these inhibitions are learned, that they are acquired with time and age, but honestly I can't ever imagine a time when Abby won't welcome friend and stranger alike. 

She is unique, she is confident, and she is happy. I hope that never changes. 

A perfect example of Abby, being Abby.

The Princess/Jester/Drummer.
Having a wonderful time!

If the above pictures didn't give you enough of a taste of her joyful spirit, check out this video Jason took as they waited for the bus. It made me smile all throughout the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment