Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cuddle Bug

Abby is a cuddler. She likes to climb up on a comfy lap for a story, or snuggle up next to you on the couch with a big bowl of popcorn, but the very best time to cuddle with Abby is at bedtime, because not only is Abby a cuddler - she's also a mover. I tell you, from the moment Abby gets up she is constantly in motion, so even when she's listening to a fascinating story - she's moving, shifting her tush and trying to get her feet in my slippers....but at bedtime, she's settled.

Tonight I couldn't help but think about how wonderful it is to cuddle with Abby. She was fresh from her bath, and still holding on to the warmth of the water, when she climbed up into bed and requested Good Night, Moon. Halfway through the book she took over, told me to lay down, and go to sleep. Then, she started "reading" the book to me. I laid there and listened to her scratch little voice inventorying the "great green room" and thought about how this is one of the great joys of motherhood.

And so, after the stories I stayed a bit longer, with her head on my shoulder, breathing in her fruity, freshly washed hair, and letting myself drift off for a bit as well.

I love these moments with my cuddle-bug.

Since our ornaments were dry by the time school was over, it was time to paint them.

I did some...and Abby did the rest. Hers are a bit more abstract than mine -
she's much more creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment