Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Early to Bed

By 5:30 tonight Abby had picked out her jammies and was ready to head to bed. Now, whether that is an indication as to the kind of a week we had, or just that she wanted some uninterrupted "Mom time", I'm not sure - I'm suspecting it was a bit of both.

We did our bedtime routine and snuggled in. We played some games on the iPad, and even made some cupcakes (she loves the "Cupcake-a-roo" app, especially the part where she gets to "eat" what she baked), and then decided on the Cinderella storybook.

The last few nights, as I've read this story to her I've noticed that she doesn't make it all the way to the end before she's falling asleep. Tonight, neither of us did. We didn't even make it to the part where the evil stepsisters destroy Cinderella's dress before we were both out.

When I woke up I still had the iPad propped up on me and Cinderella was gleefully thanking her animal friends for their hard work on her dress. Abby was fast asleep at my side.

As I turned off the iPad I noticed that it was only ten to seven and Ben Franklin's words about early to bed and early to rise ran through my head. I was tempted to just stay put and hit the hay for the night, because tonight's early bedtime may not bring health, wealth, or wisdom, but it's sure to bring an early rising tomorrow.




 I came to a startling realization today - two weeks from
today Abby will turn 8! How is that even possible?
This was a picture from her birthday last year. If
you haven't read about that adventure, you may want
to catch up, before her next birthday rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment