Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day

I've always wondered how Valentine's Day got it's own party day. There are only three designated "party days" in a school year, and Valentine's Day snagged one of them. Maybe it's the emphasis on love, and round about February the kids need a big reminder to be nice to each other. Or, maybe it's just the fact that chocolate is involved. Whatever it is, it's always been a bit of a conundrum to me.

Despite my question about whether Valentine's Day is "party worthy", I do enjoy it. It may stem from the fact that it was always something that my mom enjoyed. Valentine's Day was the only day of the year, besides Christmas and our birthday, when we got presents. Each Valentine's Day there was a wrapped package waiting for us on our dinning room chair.

This year I was distracted with other things and it totally snuck up on me. Therefore, tonight after dinner I ran to the store and while Jason took over bedtime, and Abby slept peacefully, I made 43 Valentines. I also made sure to pick up a little something to put at Abby's spot at our table, keeping up that fun tradition.

Despite the fact that I procrastinated, I got everything ready.... so Abby is party ready. Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

For Abby's smaller class I made some Tootsie Pop butterflies - thanks for
the idea Pinterest!


For her larger class I went the pencil route.


Abby will get a nice little surprise tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment