Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Just Another Manic Tuesday

After such a nice, relaxing, and long weekend, today was a bit of a shock. Getting back into the swing of things is always a bit of a challenge, but especially after an extended weekend.

Today did have a couple of things going for it. First, it wasn't Monday. I had to continually remind myself to stick to Tuesday's schedule, and each time I did I was reminded that this is a short week. That's always nice.

Secondly, Abby had a field trip. Her class was going to see a play about "Skippyjon Jones", a cat who likes to imagine all sorts of adventures. That was exciting enough, but the theater just happens to be at the college where Jason works, so she got the extra bonus of sitting with Daddy during the play.


As you can see, she was all smiles and Jason reported that she danced in her seat during the whole production.

After school I had some errands to run, and I knew I wouldn't make it in time for the bus. So, I picked Abby up from school and we set off together. I told her that if she were very good it would make Mama so very happy. 

She was very good.


And we enjoyed singing "If You're Happy and You Know It" after our errands were finished. Abby is mighty good at yelling, "Hooooraaaayyyyy!" 

Finally at around 5 p.m. we finally got home. I have to say that it was a long, but good day. We ate dinner and before her bath Abby decided to catch up on some note writing.


Apparently she was still in the "theater mode" because she needed to have her viking hat on while she wrote.

Overall it was a fun (but busy) way to kick off the week, and you can't ask for much more than that, now can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment