Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Abby's First Crush


It seems that Abby has her first crush. Over break one of her favorite movies has become "Enchanted" - you know that charming little movie about the princess that “falls” from a cartoon to real life? Not only does Abby love the music, and will sometimes insist on both of us singing the “Happy Working Song” as we straighten up, but it seems that she is quite enamored of one of the stars.

This afternoon, while we were enjoying some mother-daughter bonding over a coloring book and some crayons, she asked to watch “Giselle”, more specifically she wanted to watch “Edward”. Now, the character of Edward is played by James Marsden and is perfect for the guileless prince who follows his “one true love” to New York City. As we colored she would keep patting my arm and saying things like, “Look! Look, Mom it’s Edward!” But the best was when she told me, “I want Edward to come to Abby’s house, and give me hugs.”

I couldn’t help it - I laughed. She wanted to know what was so funny, and all I could tell her was, “You are.” I followed up my laughing by asking her if she had a crush on Edward. She gave me a prim little, “Yes.”

I will say that Jason didn’t think it was quite as funny as I did. Later, when she was playing with her Barbies, we heard her have the girl Barbie say, “Hi Edward. Want to get married?” to the boy Barbie - he didn’t laugh quite as heartily as I.




Abby was enjoying some of "The Phantom of the Opera" today,
and of course, she needed to wear her opera hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment