Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Surprise Package


There are many days when I pull up to the house to see a package on our front door step. Apart from groceries, Jason and I do the bulk of our shopping online. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was in a clothing store, a shoe store, a book store,....or any other store that didn’t stock milk and eggs. So, today when I got home I wasn’t all that surprised to see a box propped up against the door. I was surprised to see the company name on the box, though. Things grew more intriguing once I read who the package was addressed to: Abby.

Knowing that we weren’t expecting anything for Abby, I tore right into that box to see who it was from. It turned out that it was a “thank you” for Abby being who she is, from a family friend. Wow!

The box was filled to the brim with stuff Abby would love, animal masks, jewelry, stickers, new cups, and a lovely tiara - all gifts that are perfect for our little lady.

As soon as she got off the bus I told her there was a super surprise waiting for her. She gave me her typical response to this, “‘Tis it?”, and I told her she would see once we got inside. As she looked in the box she let out a wonderful gasp at the treasures it held. We immediately tried on some of the masks, settling on the kitty one, and bejeweled her with a ring and the tiara. Soon enough the mask was put aside so she could play with her stickers and eat her dinner, but the ring and tiara remained, after she added one of her princess dresses to match, of course.

Every so often she would come in to look at her new box of things and tell me, “Oh, Mom, I love the surprises!”, and I couldn’t help but agree. So thank you Mrs. P - for being you, and so generously filling Abby’s little heart with joy today.


Now that's one cute kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment