Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Random

I have been sitting here for the last half hour trying desperately to think about what to write tonight. It's one of those nights that I can't quite think through a cohesive story, so I'm going to give you some random snippets from the day.

  • On a mission: We've started a little incentive system with Abby. Each day that she is well behaved at school she will get a note from the teacher. One came home today that said she had a "Beary" good day. I told her that if she got one each day this week, Friday we would get some pizza for dinner and get a treat for her. She's got three more to earn and the note today said she wouldn't get as many reminders as she did today - we are crossing our fingers.
  • Adding Insult to Injury: Or maybe I should say, "Adding Injury to Insult". This evening we had a bit of a battle over some oranges. Abby decided half way through eating them that she wanted to move to a different table. The problem was she'd already dropped several of them so I wanted to help her. She was having none of that. Long story short, she earned herself a time-out for not listening. When she'd served her time, Jason "freed" her and she came to me to apologize. All was forgiven and better, and she ran off to finish those oranges - the only problem was that she smacked into the door frame. We were positive that she'd hit her head, but other than crying she wouldn't show us where she'd hit. We looked her over,  and gave her some ibuprofen and a popsicle. It wasn't until she got in the tub that I saw she'd hit her elbow, not her head - Whew!
  • Organization: In an effort to have our mornings run a bit smoother, I bought a closet sweater organizer. Why, you ask? Well, it has nice little compartments and hangs nicely in the closet. Tonight I put it up in Abby's room and Abby and I picked out her clothes for the rest of the week, putting one outfit in each compartment for each day of the week. Now there's one less thing to worry about - now if only I could do that for her lunches....
  • Who is that masked girl?: After her bath she trotted into her room to see that Daddy was "hiding" from her. She decided that she would scare him, so she reached into the air mimicked putting a mask on her face - complete with sound effects. At this point Jason had started peeking and Abby caught him. "Hide Daddy!" Abby demanded. Since he'd seen her "mask" she now had to use make-up as a disguise, so she took her time putting some pretend make-up on. By the time she was done she decided mom was an easier target, so with a "I'm going to get you, Mom. I'm a dinosaur!" she sprang. Dad got off scott free.



Now if this cuteness doesn't motivate Abby, I don't know what will.

No comments:

Post a Comment