Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Slow Sunday

Well, here we are, post number 300. For a girl who garnered the reputation as a youngster for never finishing anything, I'm pretty proud of myself. For the last 300 days I've sat down each night and shared with you my thoughts and my beautiful daughter, giving you a peek into our lives. Thank you for all of you who have been faithful readers - we're in the home stretch now.

Now on to tonight's post.

Today was Jason's birthday. Abby, who usually likes to get up and head right downstairs for a fun start to her day, deigned to take a detour this morning to climb into bed with Daddy and sing "Happy Birthday" to him. She then needed to have her name included the second time we sang the song. She then encouraged Daddy to blow out the pretend candles with her.

Other than heading to Sunday school, we simply took a day to relax and enjoy a slower pace. The next two days will be filled with excitement, and so having a slow day may have been the best choice.

I was able to finish up the dress for Abby that I'd been working on. It goes
with one of her Christmas gifts....but we'll get to that in a couple of days.


After hearing (and acting out) the story of Christmas at Sunday School,
Abby got to do some cookie decorating....and eating.

2 comments:

  1. Abby, I too am excited for Christmas and all of the goodies that go with it. Tonight I hung the ornament that you made for me. We just put up our tree. Merry Christmas to you and your fantastic family. Love you, fab Abb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! Thank you Mrs. C. We are glad to hear you got your tree up - just in time. We hope you have a wonderful Christmas celebration. Big hugs!

      Delete